Friday, May 06, 2016

Always have your head, heels and standards high!


In the ongoing controversy on Kangana Ranaut and Hrithik Roshan, anyone who is no one is taking this opportunity to comment/pass judgements to gain outpour from people (thanks to social media!) Well guilty as self-charged, such episodes trigger the neurons to ramble on…and here I do so ;-)

 
Not having followed all the spat between the stars, I watched KR’s interview with Dutt and India today. I respect her honesty, clarity and the wicked sweet talk with which she lays her case. What I remember from my growing up days has certain shades from hers, which I am sure most of my generation women from that part of the world have.

 

There are men and women alike who believe that she is going “overboard”, well…what is “overboard” ? I guess it is a level set mentally by an individual for an acceptable behavior. Well I’d say that the media went overboard with their interference in private discord between two people. Anyhow this being the season of endorsement I fully endorse Kangana and applaud her for her fearlessness and her nonchalance over societal pressure.

 

She is a successful actor who works her ass off and also plays her cards well….you know only hard work does not get you anywhere but hard work coupled with smartness takes you places and those two combined with an attitude takes you to the top! We the millennial women, work our ass off too, producing babies and then producing a lifestyle to take their potential to the next level. Going per the cliché : we balance work and family and upkeep of family and professional relations. The list is endless and so is our possibilities.

 

 

15 years ago, when I embarked on the journey to come to the USA for graduate studies, I had to convince and assure my family of the unconventional path I was taking and of course to somewhere in my heart the fear of unknown.  While at grad school, I stuck to my guns of making it on my own and I adapted quickly. With myriad experiences in forms of human and situations, I inculcated grit and the ability of not taking muck lying down. Developed bending to avoid breakage and staying robust till the storm subsides. The more you lie down and take crap the deeper you get sucked in the sinkhole. Standing up for yourself gives you a better grip and a view over yourself.

 

I believe we as human beings feel comfortable following precedents, it’s less hassle to follow guides and our laziness prefers to be fed by stipulated checks in that frame.  But in that process we don’t really live before we die. Similar to most parents, I want my son and daughter to be stalwarts of their spirits and and be able to decipher the purpose of their birth. I would like to stand by them in that journey of discovery and exploration. They are bound to make mistakes and rebel (like we all did) but I should be able to teach them to find their way back home.

No comments:

Featured Post

Always have your head, heels and standards high!

In the ongoing controversy on Kangana Ranaut and Hrithik Roshan , anyone who is no one is taking this opportunity to comment/pass judg...